Being a single parent there’s surely little or no time at all for dating. Eventually every single parent gets back out there, and one of the most complicated aspects of dating is making sure your children are comfortable. Check out these 12 dating rules for single parents that will ensure everything goes smoothly…
1. Make sure you get to know possible dating prospects very well, before inviting them into your home.
2. Become friends first, before considering a romantic relationship.
3. Always introduce new adults to your children as friends, nothing more.
4. If your children are old enough to have opinions of your new friends, listen to what they have to say.
5. Do not pressure your children to like your new friend, or to spend time with them.
6. Insist that your children behave appropriately and politely to your adult friends.
7. Have regular family discussions with your children.
8. If you want to get serious with a date, find out their feelings about children, especially your children, first.
9.Gradually introduce a new date to your children by doing family oriented activities together. Give your children, and your date, a chance to develop their own relationships.
10. Do not sacrifice your children’s alone time with you, to spend time with your dating. Do not miss sport or school events in order to date.
11. Do not share inappropriate information with your children. Do not use them as “confidantes” for your relationship confusion or problems.
12. Do not share inappropriate sexual information with you children.